Tuesday, June 10, 2014

About Me



I teach Spanish at Fairmont Junior High, in beautiful Boise, Idaho. The 2013-2014 school year is my third at FJH and my thirteenth year as a Spanish teacher. Having taught every grade ranging from Montessori preschool to International Baccalaureate high school classes, I have had many diverse opportunities to reflect and improve professionally. One conclusion I have reached is that today's students expect engaging, personalized educational environments, with real-world practice and opportunities to connect. The M.E.T. program has supported and guided my desire to evolve alongside my students. I appreciate the patience of my young learners as I try new techniques and activities. I am also eternally grateful for the support of my husband and daughter as I pursue my Master's degree. This continues to be a challenging and rewarding experience.


When I'm not working or being otherwise "productive", I love spending time with my family. My husband Mike is also a Spanish teacher, and we have a four year old daughter named Eira, who is just the coolest kid ever! We love to bicycle along the Boise Greenbelt, camp out of our Volkswagen van and hike with our two (very naughty) beagles. Of course, this is all just warm-weather fun; deep down I'd welcome a longer winter because I do live to ski. I alpine, telemark, and cross-country, and I trek into the powdery backcountry every chance I get. I also love photography, travel, playing the ukulele, knitting, and learning new things whenever I can.

Here's a photo of me and my family:



No comments:

Post a Comment